- Were my messages on XING secure before the 2018 upgrade?
- XING always was, is and will continue to be secure. SSL connections have always been available with XING, so implementing end-to-end encryption is simply an extra layer on top of our already extremely high security standards rather than us needing to close loopholes.
- How do I know if my messages are encrypted?
- Every message you send or receive with end-to-end encryption has a little padlock symbol next to the timestamp.
- Do I have access to the 2018 security upgrade if I'm a basic member?
- The XING 2018 security upgrade is available to everyone, including members with the free basic version.
- Why can't I see my encrypted chats when visiting the XING website on my computer?
- You can only view encrypted chats on mobile end devices as they communicate directly with one another. This is also why you can only use a single device for encrypted chats at a time, even if you're logged in to XING on multiple mobile devices.
- What will happen to my encrypted chats if I lose my mobile device or if it's stolen or breaks?
- As soon as you start using a second or a new device for encrypted chats, you'll be asked if you want to use this "new" device for encrypted chats instead. If you confirm this by entering your XING password, the end-to-end encrypted messages on your previous device will be deleted. The person you were communicating with will also be notified that you changed your device, in turn ensuring end-to-end transparency for your end-to-end encryption.
- Why can't I access my encrypted chats after switching devices?
- If you change the device you use for encrypted chats, the messages on your previous device will be deleted for security reasons. With this same focus on security, your old end-to-end encrypted messages won't be transferred to your new device.
- What else does XING do for my networking security?
It's our responsibility to safeguard your data. We go to great lengths to make sure your
safe and secure:
- Intensive system audits
- Regular exchanges on a national and international level
- Cooperations with expert partners